I haven't always been a counsellor but I have always loved working with people and qualified as a youth worker in 2000. In 2001 I began my counselling training journey as I had experienced my own counselling while at university and found the experience to be life changing. I qualified as a counsellor in 2005 and continued to develop my skills through a variety of work opportunities including a children's hospice, a variety of schools and adult education. I currently offer counselling for a couple of schools locally and work for a Bristol charity offering counselling on a mens project; my private practice is based in central Wellington.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and my training includes:
- PG Diploma in Integrative Counselling (2005)
- Post Qualifying Diploma in Counselling Children & Young People (2009)
- Diploma in Sandplay (2015)
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People (updated in 2017)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (2021)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (2021)